New Baratza grinder: the Sette Series - Page 105

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
aecletec

#1041: Post by aecletec »

IMAWriter wrote: Keep your Major, as some coffees seem to do better in the flat burr, others the conical.
+1 when I have the opportunity, comparing coffees on different grinders is really interesting!

LukeFlynn

#1042: Post by LukeFlynn »

aecletec wrote:+1 when I have the opportunity, comparing coffees on different grinders is really interesting!
IMAWriter wrote:Have to agree here with Chris. The Major is a VERY popular grinder here in some cafes. It's sort of apples and oranges with it and a Sette. Keep your Major, as some coffees seem to do better in the flat burr, others the conical.
chrisbodnarphoto wrote:This makes me curious! Is there something about the Major you don't like? Mostly a size issue? It just seems a little crazy to me to replace an 83mm flat burr set with that of the Sette. I know it's not all about burr size ... but those 83's are something fantastic. :)
I don't have a big issue with my Major, mostly just space.

I also don't intend to outright replace my Major. I'm for sure going to get a Sette alongside it, and if I find it works well for what I want out of espresso, I MIGHT consider getting another.