Grinder for 2 to 4 pulls a day: Doser vs. doserless? - Page 5

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Sunsetsearider (original poster)

#41: Post by Sunsetsearider (original poster) »

The Sylva has been great. I am also fortunate to live in a city where I can get excellent coffee locally and even have it ground well most of the time. I am realizing that it can be better and that a grinder is they way to do that. Other than that, I'm fairly clueless as to like/dislike and that's why I'm asking. And as far as budget, I don't really have one. The money I spend on a grinder will be my only significant expense on the quest for a great home coffee.

Many thanks to all who had lots of good advice and took the time to address the lack of space and explain doser vs. doserless.

JR_Germantown

#42: Post by JR_Germantown »

Let us know what you decide, and how it works out for you.

I mentioned my Forté, but I failed to mention that I was pretty much a Baratza hater. ;) The folks here convinced me that the Forté was the best match for my requirements (small space, low mess) and my budget (about $1,000). There are better grinders, possibly even at this price point. But I don't think there are better grinders with this small a footprint, and as clean.

Jack

Sunsetsearider (original poster)

#43: Post by Sunsetsearider (original poster) »

Again thanks for all the input. I got a vario. As much as I would love to have one of the powerhouses, I just needed something that was was small and easy to manage the mess on my tiny counter.

So far, I couldn't be happier. It's reinvigorated my efforts in all the steps of the process and we have been having some fantastic coffee.

JK

#44: Post by JK »

My first grinder was a Mazzer Mini I bought from Illy Coffee online for $500 on sale with two cans of coffee..

I sold it two years ago for $500 and the buyer thanked me after he received it..
You can buy a mini used at ebay
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!