Ceado E37S vs Compak E8 OD vs Olympus 75E?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Nick Name

#1: Post by Nick Name »

The bloody updgraditus has struck again!

I've been looking at the grinders mentioned in the subject of this topic. The Eureka Olympus 75E comes equipped with 75mm Mythos TiN burrs, which makes it an interesting choice as it also is a few hundred euros cheaper than the other (83mm) finalists (all prices from bellabarista.co.uk). Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I would be glad to hear some advice, since I feel a little puzzled. I kinda believe that bigger (burrs) is better, but Mythos has gained such glowing reviews that I can't help thinking whether the 75E with Mythos burrs could be as good as the Ceado or Compak with 83mm burrs.

HoldTheOnions

#2: Post by HoldTheOnions »

A lot of those reviews are before the current crop of grinders, but yeah, I would wager they are comparable and for that price it's a no brainer IMO as long as you are good with the size. If you need "small" grinder though, then ceado/k30 are better options.

Nick Name (original poster)

#3: Post by Nick Name (original poster) »

Thanks for your input.

Yep, the price of a 75E is certainly tempting. It's not significantly bigger than my current Quamar, so the size won't matter that much.

K30 being a very good (but expensive, nearly twice the price of a 75E) grinder unfortunately looks a little silly to me. :wink: