Slayer 1-Group Install and First Shots - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
waroros

#11: Post by waroros »

I left the machine in power saving mode 24/7. The electric bill is not significantly increase such that my wife notice
Let's get it slayed

Zoey

#12: Post by Zoey »

Thank you! Sorry for the thread drift, and congratulations on getting your machine! I'm happy for you, and excited for me.

nickw

#13: Post by nickw »

dynamiteid wrote:I plan to connect a kill-a-watt meter to see how much power the machine actually consumes in Power Save mode. The nice thing with Power Save is that the machine is ready to pour drinks after only a few minutes after coming out of Power Save mode.
waroros wrote:I left the machine in power saving mode 24/7. The electric bill is not significantly increase such that my wife notice
I've been tracking it with a meter. It's about:

70 watts per hour when asleep.
140 watts per hour when awake (For reference: L1 was 170-180 per hour [ambient temp depending]. Strega was 160w per hour).
175-200 watts to heat from sleep (depends on how warm it is, and how long it's been sleeping)
40-45watts: Pulling a shot, steaming milk, cleaning, purging, flushing group. (about the same as other machines).
I use about 2.35 Kw a day.

My L1 and Strega were around 1.6Kw to heat from cold (haven't measured the Slayer from cold - as it uses a sleep mode) but I'm guessing leaving the machine asleep isn't really hurting anything power wise.

And congrats on the new machine :)

Zoey

#14: Post by Zoey »

I just did a little & quick dirty math:

If my machine is in sleep mode only (never awakened) for an entire month, during a peak electricity cost period (typically June-September), and using 70 watts, it will cost $4.74/month to operate. This does not take into account off-peak hours during which electricity costs less.

If the machine never goes to sleep, and is using 200 watts within the same parameters as listed above, it will cost $13.53/month to operate.

waroros

#15: Post by waroros »

nickw wrote:I've been tracking it with a meter. It's about:

70 watts per hour when asleep.
140 watts per hour when awake (For reference: L1 was 170-180 per hour [ambient temp depending]. Strega was 160w per hour).
175-200 watts to heat from sleep (depends on how warm it is, and how long it's been sleeping)
40-45watts: Pulling a shot, steaming milk, cleaning, purging, flushing group. (about the same as other machines).
I use about 2.35 Kw a day.

My L1 and Strega were around 1.6Kw to heat from cold (haven't measured the Slayer from cold - as it uses a sleep mode) but I'm guessing leaving the machine asleep isn't really hurting anything power wise.

And congrats on the new machine :)
Thank for your very useful data!

I think it is acceptable cost in exchange for convenient and longer machine life.
Let's get it slayed

newrevolution123

#16: Post by newrevolution123 »

dynamiteid wrote:
As for the power, the machine is intended to be left "ON" 24/7. It has a programming feature that allows you to set "Full Power ON" times and duration for M-F and Weekends. The other times the machine goes into "Power Save" which seems to keep both tanks heated to a lower temperature. You can wake the machine up to Full Power by moving the Brew actuator at any time. The machine will then go back to Power Save mode after an hour of no use.

Dave
I have the same features on my Vesuvius and found them etremely useful and a real joy to have. The long prebrews (preinfusion) times do make a real difference and the "stand by" mode ensures energy saving and ultra quick recovery to max performance after waking it up (usually 2 minutes).

Well done , you have a great set up!
"Success is something you attract by the person you become.” -- Jim Rohn