Looking at possible lever espresso machine - Page 5

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
MCALheaven

#41: Post by MCALheaven »

Thanks for the machine gallery link. That's a beautiful collection, drgary. Oh, how much fun you must have!

EspressoForge
Sponsor

#42: Post by EspressoForge »

drgary wrote:And no, they're not all out on the counter at once!
..but why not!?

Move that Pharos and you can fit a couple more to the left of the Caravel!

drgary
Team HB

#43: Post by drgary »

That was our last house. Now we've got a coffee nook planned where the Prestina will be plumbed in and vintage machines kept in a display case with a glass door and lighting. There's a whole separate setup for the North roaster with a cupping table. When we find a contractor for the coffee nook ...
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

EspressoForge
Sponsor

#44: Post by EspressoForge replying to drgary »

Sounds like it will be the start of a nice museum of lever machines. You can start selling tickets! But seriously, for those like the OP it would be great if they found your house and could see several machines in person and try them out. Not even so easy with new machines much less vintage levers.

drgary
Team HB

#45: Post by drgary »

Andre, I will have events here when we're set up, as I did in California. However, for Johnny and others, one of the benefits of being a Home-Barista member is you can find others near you who might have machines you want to try, and he recently visited David and crew at Bodka. There's also our list of other sponsors and the many reviews on this site. He lists his location. It's good to indicate that in your profile to connect with neighbors who are also coffee hobbyists.
Gary
LMWDP#308

dominico
Team HB

#46: Post by dominico »

We are starting a kitchen reno this month where my vintage two group lever is going to be prominently* positioned on a bar between the kitchen and the dining room. Although it's going to take months I'm already excited about the outcome.

*Exactly how prominently is still in discussion between my wife and I.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?

EspressoPhD

#47: Post by EspressoPhD replying to dominico »

Sorry to hijack but I am doing exactly the same at the moment. I want to position the machine so I can view the font and back. Its a shame the back of these machines which has the decoration mostly ends up hidden against a wall.

drgary
Team HB

#48: Post by drgary »

If you want to continue a discussion of a different topic, please create a new thread so we can find it. So far revealing the other side of a machine has had a couple of comments, which is no big deal. Then someone posted a question about fixing a leak in their machine. So it can be found, I split it off here.

Quick Mill Achille Leak
Gary
LMWDP#308

peacecup

#49: Post by peacecup »

In the end it will come down to practical and aesthetic aspects, because all of these machines will make great espresso. Which one do you love the looks of, and/or which one fits your needs (budget, space, warm-up time, restoration needed or new..).

There is almost no way to go wrong with a lever (but DON'T but a cappuccino Amore).

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

crazy4espresso

#50: Post by crazy4espresso »

peacecup wrote:
There is almost no way to go wrong with a lever (but DON'T buy a cappuccino Amore).

PC
I believe you're confusing the Amore with the other Enrico model, the CE-12, which is indeed a pile of scrap. The Amore is completely different and is an actual espresso maker.

Pile of scrap:

Amore:
"I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless." — Napoleon Bonaparte
LMWDP #427