Single boiler espresso machine at $500 or E61 HX at $1000? - Page 4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Cyproo (original poster)

#31: Post by Cyproo (original poster) »

@ day
Thank you very much for your good advices (I got it from the first, that you were talking about wasted coffee).
When I joined this forum-site, I was expecting exactly this kind of attitude that only true passionate people exhibit.
Your advices, along with many others have been very helpful and brought a lot of clarity to my thinking process regarding espresso.
Journey continues...

Cyproo (original poster)

#32: Post by Cyproo (original poster) »

So in the end this thread has reached it's conclusion for me.
I have bitten the bullet and purchased the Show-Room used "Isomac Zaffiro Cool-Touch" with the sweet E61 preinfusion grouphead(590$).
And it is sweet! even when we compared the sub-exctractions of this machine to the good shots(that I have perceived) from the Poemia.
And YES!!! the Grinder is the Weak-Spot now! But I was already looking for a replacement for that, so I just have to be patient.
Anyway the way that this machine works (related to what I have read on this forum - the accuracy of opinions) it just convinced me to look in the future for a manual Lever machine as a Second Machine (sure it will be helped with an upgrade of the grinder!). I mean there is definitely a BIG truth related to all the opinions of the users of Manuals.
Thanks again to you all! and Dan Kehn you are the man! It was because I have seen your video posts, that I had the courage to depressurize my portafilter, buy a cheap decent grinder and ALWAYS use just fresh beans! Now I'm hooked!
Good shots to you all!

Advertisement
Gig103

#33: Post by Gig103 »

Congrats on finding an E61 machine in your budget! 8)

Let us know what grinder you decide on; I'm considering a Ceado upgrade from my Vario

Cyproo (original poster)

#34: Post by Cyproo (original poster) replying to Gig103 »

Thank You! It works like a dream.
Not really settled on a model of grinder yet (although Ceado sounds very nice indeed 8) ), but the specs that I'm after are:
-70-80mm flat burrs,
-50-60mm conical burrs