Compak F10 vs E10? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
nickw

#11: Post by nickw »

shawndo wrote:Hmm, I dont think I ever knew the Major had big flat burrs like that. So what does the Peak/EK43 have that the Major doesn't? I don't think I ever heard the Major mentioned in all the whole post-Perger internet-coffee epoch!
In all likely hood, better alignment.

malling

#12: Post by malling »

well the ek43 and PEAK are manufactured by a company who actually has a desire to move forward and improve things. And who must have seen a economical gain in a growing market where quality is the bench mark. those making investments in new and hopefully better product worthwhile.

Mazzer however do what they have been doing for ages, and don't seem to bother, they are selling plenty of grinders to cafes and restaurants worldwide and the economical gain by following the latest trend in the speciality coffee industry ain't that big that it is a necessity for them, as of now there is a very high demand for mazzer grinders becouse of the worldwide lust for coffee.

weebit_nutty

#13: Post by weebit_nutty »

...so is the E10 worth the $300 price difference?

Same burrs, same on-demand dosing. Just different alignment and adjustment mechanisms.. But no commentry on whether one or the other is superior in grind quality.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

malling

#14: Post by malling »

I'm a bit surprised that the E10 is more expensive then the F in the states. In Europe it is usually the other way around

jitters

#15: Post by jitters »

The E10 _is_ cheaper than the F10 in the US.