Mazzer Mini Type B with Digital Controls

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
malekia

#1: Post by malekia »

The Mazzer website shows a Mini Type B with digital controls instead of the standard screws.

Has anyone seen this in the US? I called one of the big retailers and they didn't know anything about it.

Ali

rammrod

#2: Post by rammrod »

its the 2016 model and the one I am waiting for. there is a video on the mazzer's website

malekia (original poster)

#3: Post by malekia (original poster) »

I called two of the big online retailers and neither of the people I spoke with knew about this or showed any interest.

rammrod

#4: Post by rammrod »

you can look here http://www.mazzer.com/en/2015/11/new-lo ... ctronic-b/ and I also say a video on youtube

michaelemery

#5: Post by michaelemery »

Here is a link to the **only** video I could find about the new digital model;
A few key points;
- Much nicer user interface than other models;
- push buttons replace screws
- no ugly "lid" controls
- Push button controls allow user to set times for single and double shots;
- digital display shows times (to fraction of a second accuracy) when setting single and double doses.
- In normal mode the display shows the shot count (single or double) that you are grinding
- Select shot count the same way as on other models - tap the start switch once or twice for single or double shot.
- Very contemporary and attractive design while still retaining that utilitarian style that Mazzer does so well.
- Scheduled for release in January 2016 (unknown markets), but so far (Feb 2016) still not seen "in the wild".
- I want one.

michaelemery

#6: Post by michaelemery »

Local Mazzer (NZ) distributor just advised that this product will be available in May 2016 for the New Zealand/Australia market. Price is expected to remain the same as the current Mazzer Mini model A.

Tyrone Chulaces

#7: Post by Tyrone Chulaces »

Noted a recent FLASH sale at unheard if discount prices on Mazzer Mini B. Sold out before I could get my foot in the door.

Scouring the marketplace for the NEW & IMPROVED Mini B w/ Digital Controls.

Has anyone seen this in the wild?