La Cimbali Junior water intake fittings

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
barqy

#1: Post by barqy »

Hi there

I am *still* (9 months and counting) in the processing of putting my la cimbali jr d1 (circa 90s) back together

I accidentally broke the 90 degree elbow (I believe it's 3/8" female BSPP to 1/4" male BSPP) that connects the water inlet to the drainage line.

Can anyone confirm that to replace this I will need a 3/8" female BSPP to male NPT (3/8" or 1/4") fitting so I can connect it to north american piping?

Also, in the very last pic, do you know where the fitting is suppose to go? I tried looking back at my disassembly pictures, but nothing comes to mind...and I don't seem to be missing any parts.

Thank you for reading

barqy

Advertisement
gor

#2: Post by gor »

The fitting you have in the last pic seems like it should connect to the fitting you have circled in red, in the first pic! The water inlet will then connect to that fitting in the last pic.

If I had to guess, the fitting in the last pic has a 3/8" BSPP end to it, which is the usual size of all those braided stainless hoses the Italian manufacturers seem to use.

mdkmdk

#3: Post by mdkmdk »

My Cimbali M20L's water inlet fittings are BSPP to my knowledge. You can use this information and the sheet from the below link to figure out what size to order. That 1/4" BSPP fittings does not mean 1/4" as you generally think about it. In other words, its easy to order something too large.

http://www.pipefittingsdirect.co.uk/con ... cation.pdf