Quieting vibe pump - Silvia edition

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
baldheadracing
Team HB

#1: Post by baldheadracing »

Before - 88db; after - 79db; so roughly half as loud as before.

Before (10 seconds):
After (11 seconds):
Mods in order of installation:
1. Braided hose kit from Stefano's - this assembly is on all Silvia's from 2008 onwards. Earlier Silvia's like mine have a teflon hose. The braided hose is more flexible than the teflon hose. Impact: 3db.

2. New pump mounts from Stefano's. My pump mounts were original. The rubber is stiffer on the new mounts. This would be helpful if the soft mounts allowed the pump/hoses to touch something. Impact: none.

3. Pulsor from ChrisCoffee Most of the reduction in sound was due to this Quick Mill 67 part. Essentially, it is a diaphragm that absorbs the vibration pump's pulses. Thanks to Iskander for pointing this item out in Quieting vibe pump

Interior before mods:

After mods. Note the SS line comes with a 90-degree fitting to connect to the pump. A straight male-male fitting should replace the 90-degree fitting if a Pulsor is used, because the Pulsor itself is a 90 degree fitting. I didn't have straight male-male so I had to angle the pump out, which is not the ideal solution. (The Silicone baking cup protecting the SSR is not shown.)

Up next, quieting the vibe pump on the Strega ...
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada