My inexpensive take on the bean cellar - Page 4

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
tohenk2

#31: Post by tohenk2 »

CathyWeeks wrote: but don't know anyone around here who is quite so ... enthusiastic about coffee.
I know the feeling. My daughter can be enthusiastic (she has worked parttime as a barista/roaster), but my son sees coffee mostly as Caffeine to keep going at the university (I'm fine with that btw, don't get me wrong).

Up till now I weighed just before grinding or I used old magnesium tablet tubes. But my wife said the other day she wanted to look at something more appealing. And who am I to say "no" when I get ordered to get some new toys? :D

CathyWeeks

#32: Post by CathyWeeks »

tohenk2 wrote:But my wife said the other day she wanted to look at something more appealing. And who am I to say "no" when I get ordered to get some new toys? :D
I have the unique situation of being married to someone who not only hates the taste of coffee but also the smell, which presents some interesting challenges. But my husband appreciates tools and well-engineered toys as much as the next person, so when my Lido2 arrived, I handed it to him to play with before I ever filled it with coffee grounds. He was so impressed with it, that I heard him bragging about what an amazing tool it was to a friend when I was asking the friend questions about his coffee process. Now, THAT was strange.