Artisan 6M roaster usage? - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Séb

#11: Post by Séb »

Chert wrote: I hope you, Alan, or someone else can tell me the heat tolerance of the material in the chaff collection bags Artisan 6 uses. I was given a used one and I am trying to configure it into my Huky chaff collector.

My question: What is the the heat tolerance of the material in the chaff collection bags Artisan 6 uses?

I think you should ask the manufacturer to find out the answer. Ken should be able to tell you.

Chert

#12: Post by Chert »

I think the tolerance is high. So I went ahead and tried the bag. It was not an improvement so the question is moot. Thanks for answering though.
LMWDP #198

Advertisement
Almico

#13: Post by Almico »

Chert wrote:That may be true, but I was posing a different question. I hope you, Alan, or someone else can tell me the heat tolerance of the material in the chaff collection bags Artisan 6 uses. I was given a used one and I am trying to configure it into my Huky chaff collector.

My question: What is the the heat tolerance of the material in the chaff collection bags Artisan 6 uses?
I do not know exactly. If you look at the artisan 6 in the first post you see that the chaff is removed from the hood above the roasting chamber. Roasting air is mixed with ambient air and travels through 6' of duct tubing before reaching the chaff bag. It is much cooled by then. The exhaust air temp post bag is reported to be about 140*, so it can't be much more than that in the bag.