New Breville Dual Boiler update - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Bret

#11: Post by Bret »

Zanderfy wrote:Eagerly awaiting Bret's findings... :D

Surely I am not the first one to try this......

Simon345 (original poster)

#12: Post by Simon345 (original poster) »

Bret - Could you please post findings in :

Better steam tip for Breville Dual Boiler

Simon345 (original poster)

#13: Post by Simon345 (original poster) »

LukeFlynn wrote:*cough* *cough* more power behind the steam *cough*

I'm dreaming of a Breville machine with the temperature stability of the current BDB, a rotary pump, and a REALLY powerful steamer, for an affordable price. :D

Rotary and similar steam performance to a Linea Mini. Now that would be awesome for Briville to deliver to its customer base in an upgraded BDB.

Bret

#14: Post by Bret »

Bret wrote:Surely I am not the first one to try this......

Surely, I am not the next one to try this, either...

I ordered the vivaldi tip that was linked in a thread somewhere (that I can't seem to find now), but it does not directly fit the BDB. Doh! So, until I have time and decide to identify and obtain an adapter (or find out that I ordered the wrong tip, and there is one that does directly fit), there'll be no results for me to report anywhere.

Since I don't often need to steam larger volumes, and since maxing out the steam temp on the 920 gives a much better result than was ever possible with the 900, this experiment was for fun, not pressing need.

LukeFlynn

#15: Post by LukeFlynn »

Simon345 wrote:Rotary and similar steam performance to a Linea Mini. Now that would be awesome for Briville to deliver to its customer base in an upgraded BDB.
My thought exactly! Would be great

Zanderfy

#16: Post by Zanderfy »

Hmm, well that's disappointing :( sorry to hear about your experience, Bret. Was it the "Vivaldi 4 Hole 0.9mm Steam Tip"? I think I (and many others) were under the impression that it worked right out of the package.

Bret

#17: Post by Bret replying to Zanderfy »

It's no biggie 8)

Yes, per the invoice from Chris's coffee, it is the:

Vivaldi 4 hole 0.9mm Steam Tip
Item No: 9345
Bin #: Part 47

Somebody in another thread has apparently got a vivaldi tip of some sort working on their BDB, will be curious to find out exactly which one. I did confirm that the 920 and 900 tips are (as expected) identical, so it is not the case that the vivaldi would work on one but not the other.

LukeFlynn

#18: Post by LukeFlynn »

Zanderfy wrote:Hmm, well that's disappointing :( sorry to hear about your experience, Bret. Was it the "Vivaldi 4 Hole 0.9mm Steam Tip"? I think I (and many others) were under the impression that it worked right out of the package.
I think I have that tip from chris coffee, It fit my 900 model, it sucked though.

Zanderfy

#19: Post by Zanderfy »

Well the mystery deepens, it appears...if it fit the 900 but not the 920...hmm...

Bret

#20: Post by Bret »

I still have the tip from my 900 model, and it fits my 920. So that suggests that the Vivaldi tip I have is not the same (which makes sense, as somebody has already made it work before). So will have to sort out which Vivaldi tip is the right one, as mine is not, or that an adapter is needed to make this vivaldi tip work.

I suppose it is possible that I received a different tip than ordered, but that less likely, imo.