Bunn LPG, Spring Plate (Dechaffing) Causing Clogs? - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by JohnB. »

Price is too high.
LMWDP 267

ira
Team HB

#32: Post by ira »

I paid $100 for one that was advertised as non-working and turned out to be just fine and $150 for one in working condition, but I know I was lucky on both of those and looked for a long time before I found them.

That might just be a capacitor or something much worse. I'd think more like $100 would be fair and I'd take it apart to see if the motor turns before I walked away. If the motor doesn't turn, I'd think more like $50.

mhead10 (original poster)

#33: Post by mhead10 (original poster) »

Thank you both very much for the reply John and Ira. I noticed the previous grinder sold for $211- hope it works to whomever bought it!

I found someone who seems to have a new in-box for $300 with free shipping. What do you think would be a fair price? I might offer the same price minus shipping since I could go pick it up.

I would prefer a used, cheap, with bad burrs, but I'll take what I can get for the right price. Thanks again!

ira
Team HB

#34: Post by ira »

300 seems like a good price if it's really close to new. The burrs are worth close to that if they're like new and if they are really close to new, they might be good enough as is for the time being.

Ira

#35: Post by mhead10 (original poster) »

Alright, today may finally be the day. I will try to purchase this guy. Hopefully the burrs will be good and I won't need to go Ditting for a long time because the Bunn burrs will be new. I might put in a trifecta plate if it's not already on it. How can I tell if it is currently has one? I see G1's didn't always have a trifecta.

If I can't get it for a decent price it's either back to the drawing board on my LPG or used G-series (with dittings replacements).

ira
Team HB

#36: Post by ira »

It does not have the Trifecta plate, you can see in the third picture if that's a picture of the actual grinder.

Ira

ira
Team HB

#37: Post by ira »

If you really want stuff like that, it pays to keep quiet. It's a good enough deal, I'd almost be tempted to get that and sell my 3 pound one, but l I will be kind and not.

Ira

#38: Post by mhead10 (original poster) »

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing, but wondered if I was missing something.