Seeking Any Info on Brasilia Century America DEL

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cuppajoe

#1: Post by cuppajoe »

Happy Holidays all -

Wrapping up the refurb on the Brasilia and hoping there may be folks out here who might know a bit about it. There is not a lot out there and have not found a reference regarding this particular machine.

110V, plumbed in, rotary pump. Very nicely constructed, too bad they couldn't continue business. The only dates I could find are 1991 on the control box and touch pad assy. There also seems to be a date of '92 on the boiler.

It seems to share many parts with the Portafino. Anyone have a manual or can give operating hints? I have no experience with Auto machines.

Thanks
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

Advertisement
lmaguire

#2: Post by lmaguire »

I have just purchased similar. Single group with grinder incorporated, rare. it's 220v with 1800w boiler. have not yet turned her on so goodness knows what I will find.

cuppajoe (original poster)

#3: Post by cuppajoe (original poster) »

Not knowing what your expertise is, don't forget to disconnect one of the element leads before initial startup. What's the grinder like? Should be an interesting project. Seems Brasilia had better luck in Europe, so maybe parts and info will be easier to source.
David - LMWDP 448

cuppajoe (original poster)

#4: Post by cuppajoe (original poster) »

David - LMWDP 448

lmaguire

#5: Post by lmaguire »

Hi cuppajoe, only saw your response now.

Yes, It is a Brasilia Century America Digi version with Grinder incorporated. I suspect it has not been used for quite a while and possibly for good reason. I would like to do a full refurb, but that will all depend on how sick she is and how much to make her better.

I did turn it on and the grinder works, how well, don't know yet.

But when turned to stage 2 it trips our RCB. so progress is stalled till I find that fault. I suspect that a lot of corrosion around where the element goes into the boiler is contributing to the problem (see pic) or a faulty on/off switch.

Any suggestions are welcome