LIDO E or 64 mm flat burr grinder - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
brianl

#11: Post by brianl »

I have the aggressive lido 2 as well. The closest competitor is my vario for drip. It's much better than my virtuoso.

JFDUP (original poster)

#12: Post by JFDUP (original poster) »

I won't be using mine for drip, only espresso.

OldNuc

#13: Post by OldNuc »

I have a late 20s-early 30s big store grinder with breaker burr set that configured a lot like an EK43 but will not grind for espresso. For any coarser grind it is perfect though, minimal fines -- if any. It produces an amazing amount of static though.

RAS

#14: Post by RAS »

Jean-Francois,

I'm guessing that your E is still in transit, and I do also hope whatever shipping method doesn't "include" a burr recalibration in their shipping charge. Mine did arrive out of alignment, but once that was corrected, I never looked back. Mine is only used for espresso, and the overall workflow with it just works for me. I've detailed that elsewhere here on HB, but the gist is that my Pharos is now gone, as are my electric grinders (OK, I do still need to sell a couple). I've had some fantastic espresso from my La Pavoni, and some amazing shots from my Ponte Vecchio - the latter being the icing on the cake to convince me (as if I needed it) that the Lido E is the right solution for me.

Do also know that the E is perfectly capable of grinding for other preparation methods. I use a Lido 2 with the more aggressive Italian burrs for my daily pourover, and one time I accidentally dumped my measured beans into the E. A quick ring adjustment, and the beans were quickly, efficiently and precisely ground for Chemex. Then the E was quickly adjusted back to my ~5.5 clicks above zero for espresso.

For me, the Lidos (Lidi?) are just a pleasure to use; I really do look forward to grinding with them each time I do. And for you, the extra real estate on your counter will be a nice secondary benefit. Enjoy!
Bob

baldheadracing
Team HB

#15: Post by baldheadracing »

RAS wrote:I'm guessing that your E is still in transit, and I do also hope whatever shipping method doesn't "include" a burr recalibration in their shipping charge.
What he hopes not to "include" are the $50+ in duties, taxes, and associated fees! :lol:
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

jbenson4

#16: Post by jbenson4 »

I received my Lido E the other day, thankfully without duties. Even though I'm only using it with my ROK presso, it's working great and the grounds look excellent.

RC15

#17: Post by RC15 »

brianl wrote:I have the aggressive lido 2 as well. The closest competitor is my vario for drip. It's much better than my virtuoso.
I also have a Vario (with steel burrs) that I now keep in the closet for backup. The results for pourover were subpar at best: lots of fines at tighter grinds and eliminating fines meant taking the grind so coarse the resulting brew was always sour. After two months of trying, I returned to the Virtuoso, and my pourovers are great again. Just curious, do you have ceramic or steel burrs?