A change to quite bitter espresso from La Marzooco Linea Mini - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ShelbiRyan

#31: Post by ShelbiRyan »

lcats wrote:I wanted to give an update to this thread. I have been very scrupulous in attempting to keep my HG1 burrs clean since I concluded that gunk on them must have set off my problem, and only this week did I start again to lose some quality to my shots, trending towards what happened to me when I first started this thread. I first checked everything else which might have been an issue, but then, once again, partly dis-assembled the HG1 burr set, and got a bit of debris out with a soft-bristle brush -- perhaps a half gram or less. I also cleaned a bit of stuck-on gunk from the lower edge of the burr assembly with a melamine sponge. That done, things seemed to have improved back to the norm. The HG1 is wonderful in that I can go back to my previous setting (marker lines on the rings as my guide) very precisely.

I am not sure if others have had this issue, but it is worth noting, and easy to correct once one realizes what is happening.
Hey Ed, when you refer to partially disassembling the HG-1, what exactly are you taking apart to clean?

lcats (original poster)

#32: Post by lcats (original poster) »

What I meant is that I unscrew the burrs just so far that I can easily get a brush between them, and also view the burr teeth well with a flashlight. I have yet to fully unscrew the burrs because I am a bit antsy about cross threading them, putting them back together.