EspressoParts - good vendor to purchase an espresso machine?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
HBchris

#1: Post by HBchris »

Does anyone have any experience with EspressoParts, in terms of purchasing a machine.

They are offering me great deal on a slayer, but not sure how their service is after the sale.

I know clive and chris' coffee are know for outstanding customer support if I should have a problem. Any one have experience with espresso parts in this area.

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by emradguy »

Well, I've never purchased a machine from them, but I've bought lots of parts and supplies from them for years, and their service has always been great. They've even helped me diagnose a problem online through their chat box, so that I could be confident I was purchasing the right parts. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a machine from them, if they were the ones who carried the one I wanted - oh, and yeah...I also want a Slayer ;-)

What grinder do you have?
LMWDP #748

SAB

#3: Post by SAB »

Is that Slayer they're offering a V3?

stereophile

#4: Post by stereophile »

Just bought it from them today.

HBchris (original poster)

#5: Post by HBchris (original poster) »

I was a bit turned off from them.

After asking if I had an issue in the warranty period, they they would cover having a technician come out to do the repair (i live in a major city).

the answer was no, "Labor for install or warranty work is not included. We do suggest that you identify a resource for repairs in your area. Let us know if you need suggestions in the NY Manhattan area."

I thought generally labor is included with other places. Some require you to mail the machine back, but you dont pay for labor.
And considering that they would cover the shipping costs of mailing it back to you, some retailers will simply rather cover sending a technician to you.

Compass Coffee

#6: Post by Compass Coffee »

My experience Espressoparts no different than other vendors, you don't pay labor for warranty work on their bench but all espresso machine vendors cost to return espresso machine for repair is on the buyer, cost to return to buyer after repair on seller. Don't know who if anyone covers onsite labor under warranty, and I'm including $20k plus commercial machines. It's either they send you the parts or you send them the machine on your dime.
Mike McGinness

HBchris (original poster)

#7: Post by HBchris (original poster) replying to Compass Coffee »

Hi mike,

thanks.
So you have had a good experience with them post sale on high dollar machines?

With La marzocco I believe they would cover having a tech come out to you. Though with slayer the network i would imagine isnt the same. I believe primacoffee had mentioned they would extend this service in a phone conversation.

You would think logically places would be willing to at least partially cover this. Cause if I pay to have a tech come a fix something, I am at a minimum saving the place i purchased it from mailing the machine back to me (a couple hundred $) and saving them the time of doing the work (again some $$) as well as some miscellaneous processing time for all of this. In some cases it might actually be saving them money to have a technician come out to me.