Any experience with the Cafelat XT stainless steel portafilters?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Ellejaycafe

#1: Post by Ellejaycafe »

I just saw this video and noticed the LM portafilter being used on the Aurelia. I LOVE the look of the LM portafilters and can't find out any info on how to do this, or where to buy them from. Does anyone have any info at all??? I would love to have these for my Aurelia!
LMWDP #544

Ellejaycafe (original poster)

#2: Post by Ellejaycafe (original poster) »

Never mind they aren't the LM portafilters. I found them here!

http://www.cafelat.com/portafilter.html

They are stainless steel and can be spouted or bottomless. Does anyone have any experience with these portafilters?

I'm going to change the topic of the thread to reflect this question.
LMWDP #544

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

You'll find plenty of opinions with a quick search. The Cafelat XT Convertible Portafilter Review provides more details. I don't use the "convertible" feature very often, but it's a nice option.
Dan Kehn

brianl

#4: Post by brianl »

They are amazing. They are LA marzocco portafilter I believe . at least my version is

#5: Post by Ellejaycafe (original poster) »

HB wrote:You'll find plenty of opinions with a quick search. The Cafelat XT Convertible Portafilter Review provides more details. I don't use the "convertible" feature very often, but it's a nice option.
I just found that Dan thank you! So I'm guessing you use these? I am thinking I am going to get them for my Aurelia. Feel free to delete this thread because I found all the answers I was looking for :)
LMWDP #544

#6: Post by Ellejaycafe (original poster) »

brianl wrote:They are amazing. They are LA marzocco portafilter I believe . at least my version is
I don't see a spring. So do they work well with ridge less baskets?

Edit: I keep asking questions before researching ha I do see it comes with a clip.
LMWDP #544