Macap M7D for single dosing? Grind retention with hopper?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
HBchris

#1: Post by HBchris »

For those that own or have used a macap M7D, can you tell me how well suited it is in terms of single dosing without modification?

Also if operated with a few days worth of beans in the hopper, how much grind retention would you expect and need to be purged with a long idle time or grind adjustment.

thanks

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by uscfroadie »

There's a thread on this that was just started yesterday.

Go here for your answers.
Merle

Compass Coffee

#3: Post by Compass Coffee »

I think OP question a bit different, at least the 2nd part i.e. operating with beans in hopper over course of a few days with long periods between grinding. That scenario terrible, want to purge at least a half shots worth if sitting over night. In our cafes have single dose timed for half-cafs, use it for morning purge. If sitting idle more than an hour or so we use continuous and purge about 4-5 grams.
Mike McGinness

HBchris (original poster)

#4: Post by HBchris (original poster) replying to Compass Coffee »

thanks. Between grind adjustments you would recommend this same amount, about half shot worth (10g)?

Compass Coffee

#5: Post by Compass Coffee »

HBchris wrote:thanks. Between grind adjustments you would recommend this same amount, about half shot worth (10g)?
Yes, however large conics need little adjusting same coffee. Once coffee dialed in adjust grind time more than grind during a day for environment changes etc. during a coffees run.
Mike McGinness