ECM Elektronika Profi II & Quamar M80

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Almico

#1: Post by Almico »

Not long after finding an older ECM Giotto in great condition for cheap, I'm at it again. Someone near me has a ECM Elektronika Profi II & Quamar M80 grinder barely used for a very reasonable $1000. It includes all the toys and accessories.

I like that it is plumbable and has a rotary pump and nice steam/water levers instead of knobs. I'm thinking of getting it and moving the Giotto to the office. Any other benefits to the Profi II over my Giotto?

Valner

#2: Post by Valner »

Looks like a good deal for the bundle. Did you end up pulling the trigger on it? If you did, I'd be interested in your Giotto if you end up not needing it and decide to sell it.

Almico (original poster)

#3: Post by Almico (original poster) »

I have a feeling it was a scam. The phone number they provided was an anonymous google voice #. The email conversation developed a funny smell. This was my communication with the "seller". Start at the bottom.

OK, i want to sell it to you, so can you do $300 into account today and we should seal the deal. anyway, let me know now

I understand too. I would do the same in your situation. Let's see what happens this week. If you have another buyer then it wasn't meant to be. Please keep me in the loop. If you don't sell it by Friday, I will come down on Saturday with cash.

Alan

Yeah, i understand you, however, i can give you 100% assurance that it cant be damage, it will be handle with care, if i got another buy i will sell it before sat, but if you are ready to deposit, i will keep it safe for you

Ahhh, that makes sense. Good news is it's about the same distance as Altoona, PA. I'd still be willing to drive down on Saturday to get it. I really don't want to risk it getting damaged in shipping.

Its in Virginia

Woodbridge in what state? The ad is listed in Altoona, PA craigslist.

I'm in Woodbridg, all i have to do is make the shipment through Fedex and you will get it within 5hr, however, if you can send $400 and i will send the goods to you and once you get it you send us the balance

I would rather pick it up then risk damage by it being shipped. What town are you in?

If you can deposit $400 into my bank account then i will take the advert off the site and keep it for you till you want me to ship it to you OK

What do you suggest?

No way

How about a $50 deposit via PayPal?

Okay, I understand you, Like how much are you talking about, So i can leave the goods for you

I'm in. You're a bit of a ride for me. I'd come tomorrow, but I have to drive my son back to school in the other direction (Albany). Can you wait for me until next weekend? I can send you a small good faith deposit.

alan

That sound pretty good to me. I'm the first owner and the present condition is perfect just like new, I'm selling it because i need to pay for my mother bills, I can give you for $1000 and we can seal the deal.

Hi Sherry,

I'm very interested in your espresso set up. I have an older ECM machine and need one for the office.

Curious, why are you selling? Where are you? I'm in NJ.

Alan

gophish

#4: Post by gophish »

That would be one hell of a deal if it's true, but....you know what they say about things that are too good to be true.

I find scams are usually evident too when the person never refers to the equipment specifically. They refer to the goods, the item, "it", but never reference a specific item.
Versalab

Almico (original poster)

#5: Post by Almico (original poster) replying to gophish »

True dat, but I just picked up a really nice ECM Giotto for $400, so there are good deals to be had. But you have to be careful.

I just emailed this "seller" again with a different name and email address and said I live close by. They are still insisting on shipping it. No a good sign.

HoldTheOnions

#6: Post by HoldTheOnions »

That's too funny, clearly scam. Anyone with real machine would be ecstatic for someone to come pick it up.

Citrushund

#7: Post by Citrushund »

Its a really nice machine for sure. If you look at the power plug it really looks like a EU plug, German version to be exact. So its clearly a major scam