Hot Rodded SAMA Export - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Hudson

#11: Post by Hudson »

That mirror looks great. I've been leaning a small shaving mirror on my tamper next to my EP, but I'm going to pick one of these up now!
LMWDP #534

peacecup

#12: Post by peacecup »

I love my little Sama Export - same color (without the updated base). It is my daily driver at the office, never failing to inspire even during these darkest winter days. I still do the bottomless crouch, however.

I also prefer not the let the group get too hot - even with the heat break gasket the difference between the Export and the Lusso, with the decoupled, thermosyphon group, is quite noticeable. For just 1-2 shots the Export never failed me - the group is a very effective heat sink and it needs to be quite hot before it burns the coffee. I could never even get the bell up to 90C during regular brewing sessions (only by expelling large amounts of water through the group).

Since I seldom change coffees from my standard Italian espresso blends I don't need to change temperature much, and the Export is simple enough to manage without even measuring group temperature. If I were experimenting with different coffees though, it would be fun to monitor temperature.

It's nice to see another Export getting some love.

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

Advertisement
spressomon

#13: Post by spressomon »

Nice Cam!
No Espresso = Depresso