Adding Joysticks to a Profitec Pro 700 - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
SonVolt

#11: Post by SonVolt »

I would like a Joystick for the steam wand and a knob for the hot water. I wonder if that would look cock-eyed. :wink:

canuckcoffeeguy

#12: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

My Bezzera Magica came with joysticks. So I don't know any different. I like the quick response, no need to turn. However, I don't steam much milk. But I use the hot water wand to clean portafilters and avoid stagnant boiler water that would scale more rapidly.

Another note, I have young kids. So joysticks could be dangerous if your kids are curious and grab the joysticks. Whereas they're less likely to be able to turn the knobs. I've scared the crap out of them about ever touching my equipment. But the risk is is always there.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by JohnB. »

SonVolt wrote:I would like a Joystick for the steam wand and a knob for the hot water. I wonder if that would look cock-eyed. :wink:
That's the way the original owner of my Sorrento had it built. I thought it looked odd plus I prefer the control of a knob for steaming so I replaced the joystick valve with a knob valve.

Anyone considering going with a joystick for steam should consider getting a commercial valve where the stick locks on
in any direction. Some of the valves on prosumer machines like my old Strega only lock on in one spot.
LMWDP 267

Bikeminded

#14: Post by Bikeminded »

Wow. A few days in now with freshly greased knob threads. Butter. Do it.

JavaRanger (original poster)

#15: Post by JavaRanger (original poster) »

I just greased my knobs on my Profitec Pro 700 last night...and just pulled a few cuppa's....oh my...I'm in love, I'm a believer :D

I got some Dow Corning from Ophan Espresso for $3 and shipping was ~$1.50 got it in 2 days too!
WLL had a good video on there youtube on how to remove the knobs.

Was stupid easy, and their scotch tape trick saved me...oh remember to empty you drip try prior to knob removal...don't ask me how i learned that...

PS I have no ties to either of those companies