Great Espresso @ Stone Creek Coffee in Glendale WI

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
JRock

#1: Post by JRock »

I just wanted to Post up that I had to travel this weekend and stayed in Glendale WI. Usually it is a hassle for me to find a drinkable, let alone a great espresso. Tried Stone Creek Coffee and I wasn't expecting much (not because of the place, cause it is adorable, but because I have learned to just not get my hopes up), then the espresso came in a demitasse and it was complex and well balanced and I was overjoyed! :)
It was a little brighter than the Chocolate / Nutty shots I get at the ZenDen in Doylestown. PA. But it was thick and rounded and Great and a well pulled shot.
I went back the next day and the barista mentioned that they were using different beans from the day before and I asked about them and she told me it was Ecuadorian (I think?) SO and she pulled me 2 great shots within a couple minutes of each other.
I'm not in anyway affiliated with them in any way, but if you're looking for a great shot in Glendale WI go to Stone Creek Coffee :)

liftmagnet

#2: Post by liftmagnet »

+1

Never been to their Glendale location, but they definitely have some very good coffee.
Their Green Bike Espresso is one of my go to comfort blends when I am not feeling adventurous.
Stop on by their main location by the train station in downtown Milwaukee, they have free tours on Saturdays.
Nice people who are very passionate about what they do.

Boldjava

#3: Post by Boldjava »

+1 on the main shop, their roastery, HQ, near the Amtrak station. Great experience, good people.
-----
LMWDP #339

dominico
Team HB

#4: Post by dominico »

Another +1 for the Stone Creek downtown by the Amtrak, it's within walking distance of my office so I go there from time to time. I enjoyed the roaster tour when I went on it and the barista who gave the tour hung around for half an hour afterward with us just to chat about coffee.
Avoid their kiosk in Grand Ave though, I have never had a good shot there.

Another local Milwaukee place, though a little west of Downtown is Valentine. They never dissapoint. Their "Espresso Dolce" is their main blend and very good, but they always have an SO of the day dialed in for espresso as well.
https://bit.ly/3N1bhPR
Il caffè è un piacere, se non è buono che piacere è?