What to do with my Mypressi Twist

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
charlesaf3

#1: Post by charlesaf3 »

I have a mypressi twist that I bought in August 2011, and only used a few times to make coffee on road trips. Just was thinking about it, and it occurs to me I haven't used it for years.

So I thought I'd throw out there, any thoughts on what I should do with it? Specifically, is it worth keeping, or is there a better travel espresso maker out there? It doesn't take up much space, it lives in an orange home depot box in the basement with a grinder, a cup, and a stovetop moka pot with steamer that I found in Philadelphia. I used the entire assemblage to try to make a real latte without power, but gave up on the hassle pretty quickly.

Do people here still find themselves using them?

jackson6

#2: Post by jackson6 »

Don't throw it out. I'll take it if you don't want it anymore I used to use my all of the time because I really liked its simplicity. Mine has been out of commission because of a blown gasket. I have several other machines but have a fondness for the Mypressi. Let me know if we could make a deal.

I apologize if this is breaking any forum rules. Please delete this post if it is any violation.

Advertisement
yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

I keep mine for an occasional SO shot at work. You can also do shots with spirits if your so inclined.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

charlesaf3 (original poster)

#4: Post by charlesaf3 (original poster) »

jackson6 wrote:Don't throw it out. I'll take it if you don't want it anymore I used to use my all of the time because I really liked its simplicity. Mine has been out of commission because of a blown gasket. I have several other machines but have a fondness for the Mypressi. Let me know if we could make a deal.

I apologize if this is breaking any forum rules. Please delete this post if it is any violation.
I certainly wouldn't throw it out, and will let you know if I go that way. I guess it's more of a question of will I use it once a year, in which case its worth keeping, or never, in which case I should probably get rid of it.

I haven't used it in 3 years, which is what got me thinking. On the other hand, I have the fear that the minute I get rid of it I will discover a really great use for it, and it will be impossible to replace... Is there an equivalent still made and supported?

"shots with spirits"? I don't follow, but am curious. Is this adulterating my coffee with rum or some such? Does it taste good?

#5: Post by charlesaf3 (original poster) »

oh, and I think I saw the gaskets for sale on ebay, btw.

weebit_nutty

#6: Post by weebit_nutty »

I like this thread. I have the same question every now and then./

I'll pull it out, play with it, make some really incredible shots, say, oh yeah, put it back and repeat every 6 months. :lol:

It's such a cool thing to have, and for the most part it has become a novelty given I have no on-the-go-espresso needs. But in all honestly for the guy who does have that, you won't find a better option (or one that actually is even worth your time).
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

#7: Post by charlesaf3 (original poster) replying to weebit_nutty »

Thanks, that's a good thought.

I'm thinking I should play with it a bit, and see how I feel. If I don't like it (pouring hot water on my hands used to annoy me) I'll get in touch with jackson 6 or put it up for sale.

Luckily my wife hasn't thought about it for years