Ceado E37S or Mahlkoenig K30 Vario (et al) - Page 15

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
tegee

#141: Post by tegee »

Gig103 wrote:I've been reading comparison threads today. The positive rep of the K30 is hard to ignore despite being about about 1/3 more expensive than the Ceado. That's a lot of coffee! I used the Ceado briefly but didn't dial it in enough to see how if improves over the Vario, and I dunno if I can get a chance to try a K30 at all.

I am hoping that bumping this thread may result in more recent comparisons of the in-cup difference.
Not trying to pick a dog in this fight...but I was in the same position as you two months ago and choose the Ceado. Based on price and, imho, no in the cup difference for "my" non-discerning palate. I am a milk based and americano drinker, so take the "in the cup" taste FWIW.

And, if my math is correct, the K30 is 60% more in cost, not 33%.

spearfish25

#142: Post by spearfish25 »

About $1575 vs $1050.

I too like a great deal and to save my hard earned cash. The difference here is that extra money bought me less headaches. I was in the group of users with endless E37S spraying. The savings were no longer worth it when I was cleaning my counter constantly, wasting coffee and getting erratic doses. I've found the K30 to be a total delight. And as usual, that extra money I had to plunk down is now out of sight out of mind.

Gig103

#143: Post by Gig103 replying to spearfish25 »

Spearfish, when the E37S wasn't spraying, how was the in-cup compared to your K30?

I hear you about the 'out of sight' attitude too on the money; a few extra months of saving is quickly forgotten. I think I probably "want" the K30 or I wouldn't be trying to make the Ceado happen, but it does seem like a true bargain when it isn't spraying. Also, my wife hates coffee, so even a $1100 grinder is a bit of an uphill battle, let alone $1600.