Baked roast

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Marcelnl

#1: Post by Marcelnl »

The good part of using a POC roaster is that I pretty much seem capable of making all possible misstakes....on the last roast the gas cartridge was too low on gas to take on the second 120g batch and the lower heat output together with a windy afternoon caused a slow roast. Where I am able to get to FC in approx 6-8 minutes this one took approx 13 minutes, and now I have a jar full of beans smelling of hay and wood. I instantly could place the smell after rading about baked roasts here, but now I wonder what you guys do with baked beand? Serve them with some tomato sauce, or throw them out? (Haven't tasted them yet as they are now 2 d post roast)
LMWDP #483

trumz

#2: Post by trumz »

Lattes for the wife and her friends?

Marcelnl (original poster)

#3: Post by Marcelnl (original poster) »

I love my GF more than that :wink: and besides, she does have a good palate so she'd spot the difference from the usual quite easy...
It just dawned upon me that I'll have to season the drum of my drum roaster-to-become and I think I'll add them to the other experiments going bad batches to season the drum. Together with a small viennese roast that I did'nt like much and a bag of store bought 'rescue' beans this batch will likely get me to the 500 g mark I target as payload.
LMWDP #483