La Marzocco Linea Mini Plumb Kit - Page 5

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
charlesaf3

#41: Post by charlesaf3 »

So I'd still try to steer people away from the john guest.. Why not just use a stainless braided line? It's what I did as a temporary, T'd off a water line in the basement to 2 stainless linked with a close nipple, (ball valve first), then to a basic GE filter (all water report indicated)

Beezer

#42: Post by Beezer »

So I got the LM Mini plumb kit and installed it today. It was kind of a pain, mostly because you have to take the shell off the machine to get at the connection to the pump. The job took me close to two hours, partly because I was going slowly and cautiously, and partly because my tools weren't ideal. I didn't have a 7 mm crescent wrench, for example, and using a small adjustable wrench on those tiny nuts that hold the temperature dial in place was not ideal. I ended up dropping one screw into the machine, never to be seen again. Now I need to go to the hardware store and replace it.

Anyway, I finished the job eventually, and the machine is up and running fine. I just wish LM had made it easier to switch from tank to plumbed. They could made it much simpler by just having a connection on the outside of the body, right where the line to the tank goes into the shell. Put a threaded fitting there into which you could screw a line for either the tank or the plumb in line. Then have a small switch that would defeat the water sensor, instead of that funky little metal piece that the kits comes with that has to be screwed in. Those changes would have made a one-hour + job into a five minute one. Oh well. Maybe in Mini Version 1.2.
Lock and load!

Filletfellini
Supporter

#43: Post by Filletfellini »

charlesaf3 wrote:So I'd still try to steer people away from the john guest.. Why not just use a stainless braided line? It's what I did as a temporary, T'd off a water line in the basement to 2 stainless linked with a close nipple, (ball valve first), then to a basic GE filter (all water report indicated)
Seriously. At least run braided hose to the outside of the machine and attach a john guest fitting to the other side of it. The amount
of JG fittings and hoses I've seen blow - new, old, doesn't matter. I'd never put one inside a machine near heat.. Wouldn't put one outside
if I could help it either.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#44: Post by JohnB. »

I definitely agree about having a stainless line come off the machine but I've had no issues with JG fittings on the feed lines or filter housings. One of my set ups is 6 years old & the other close to 9. I've yet to have a JG fitting in either set up leak.
LMWDP 267

Filletfellini
Supporter

#45: Post by Filletfellini replying to JohnB. »

I work as a service tech and have seen way too many blow to have faith in them. A lot of roasting companies have moved away - we use
soda line, I know some other guys who use braided hose. Any back-pressure or pressure surge or even the speed-fitting compressor
getting knocked around and it will leak or blow. Just not worth the risk in my estimation.. Putting it near heat on the inside of a machine is an exceptionally bad idea, whether or not anything goes wrong.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#46: Post by JohnB. »

Putting it near heat on the inside of a machine is an exceptionally bad idea, whether or not anything goes wrong.
No argument there but as I've said I've had no issues with the fittings. Many members have used them with their plumb in set ups & I can't recall any threads complaining about failures. Of course having said that I'm sure someone will find one. :lol:
LMWDP 267