Mazzer Grinder Identification

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
jayray

#1: Post by jayray »

I'm trying to identify these grinders to see if they are worth taking a drive to look at, is one possibly a Major? And the other the equivalent of a Super Jolly? I haven't gotten a serial number nor clarification on if the model name is written on the tag and legible on either machine. I'm looking to upgrade from a Virtuoso that I'm very underwhelmed with, hoping to get something more consistent and with more ability to fine tune. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Those look like older and newer versions of Super Jolly to me. I've had both and still have the Rio. The Rio Super Jolly has a larger body than the Mazzer version with the same sized burrs. If you can get a photo of the sides you would see if there's a vent that's characteristic of a Major, but I don't think that's what you're seeing in these photos.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Ellejaycafe

#3: Post by Ellejaycafe »

They look like a mini and a super jolly to me.... The majors generally have vents on the side. I'm not so sure if the older rebranded ones had it though. You could ask to see the burrs and that would give you a better indication of what they are.

Edit: I think Gary is correct. The smaller one could be an older/smaller super jolly.

If they are a good price I say pick me up!
LMWDP #544

sweaner

#4: Post by sweaner »

I 3rd the above.
Scott
LMWDP #248

leozava
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by leozava »

Ellejaycafe wrote:They look like a mini and a super jolly to me.... The majors generally have vents on the side. I'm not so sure if the older rebranded ones had it though. You could ask to see the burrs and that would give you a better indication of what they are.

Edit: I think Gary is correct. The smaller one could be an older/smaller super jolly.

If they are a good price I say pick me up!

+1