Quickmill Vetrano 2B steam pressure drop with 4 hole tip - Page 4

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
KmanChu

#31: Post by KmanChu »

ruthlessaz wrote:Good to hear you like it! I would like to plumb it also eventually. Do the felt sliders help? I didn't out them on it, but maybe I should. I would suggest buying the 3 izzo tip set from CCS. There are 2 different 4 hole tips and a 3 hole( same exact size as the 2 hole it came with, but the holes are smaller than the stock 4 hole which hey with the steam pressure drop.

I am wondering if I put a 5 gallon bucket under the sink, and I put it in plump mode, will it work like that? Do you need to have a flo jet?
I think it can work that way, but it is riskier because it doesn't take long to burn out a rotary pump if run dry. I haven't talked to anyone who recommends not using the flojet. Mary at Chris's Coffee did not recommend trying it without some sort of pump to provide pressure in the line.

The felt sliders make a huge difference, sliding around is really pretty easy with them.

I have only had the machine a little over a week now, so I am still learning the 2 hole tip. I will likely try some others though, just for curiosity sake.

Shife

#32: Post by Shife »

After procuring a GB/5 steam arm and playing with an LWW Steam Dial for a week, I've ordered the Izzo 3 pack from Chris' Coffee. At this point, I have more steaming options that I know what to do with.

Flynfrfun

#33: Post by Flynfrfun »

ruthlessaz wrote:Good to hear you like it! I would like to plumb it also eventually. Do the felt sliders help? I didn't out them on it, but maybe I should. I would suggest buying the 3 izzo tip set from CCS. There are 2 different 4 hole tips and a 3 hole( same exact size as the 2 hole it came with, but the holes are smaller than the stock 4 hole which hey with the steam pressure drop.

I am wondering if I put a 5 gallon bucket under the sink, and I put it in plump mode, will it work like that? Do you need to have a flo jet?
Hi everyone. My first post here. I've been playing with espresso for a few years now. I have owned a Lucca M58 for a year and I agree with ruthlessaz...get the Izzo tip set. I've never been happy with the milk frothing performance of my machine even running in 20 amp mode. Even the 2 hole tip that came with it seems difficult to stretch the milk properly without getting soap bubbles. I finally plugged one of the holes in the 2 hole tip and got great micro foam, but it took a lot longer. Which was a bummer since thats a big part of the reason for getting a machine of this caliber. Just got the Izzo tips, installed the 3 hole one and perfect micro foam with much less boiler pressure drop and a lot faster than my old 1 hole approach. Also, it is really easy to get a nice vortex going. These tips should be what comes with both the Vetrano 2B and Lucca M58 IMHO.

ruthlessaz (original poster)

#34: Post by ruthlessaz (original poster) »

Yes, those izzo tips rock, I use the 4 hole, even though the pressure drops, by the time you are done with your milk, its all good, you don't need more pressure at the end. But I still love the 3 hole as well

longspeak14

#35: Post by longspeak14 »

Just wondering what the hole size is on the 3 pack of izzo tips? .8mm?

ruthlessaz (original poster)

#36: Post by ruthlessaz (original poster) »

Not sure, but I use the 4 hole from izzo set... better than the stock 2 and 4 hole tips for sure. Steams quick. 3 hole is also good, takes a little longer though