Coffee syrup - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
DanoM

#11: Post by DanoM »

kolu wrote:Maybe (just a drunk man's speculation) you can make espresso-liqueur by pouring a clear tasting spirit in the water tank (instead of water) of espresso machine and pulling a shot this way? Ideally killing the heating element as well or at least setting the machine to lower (sub 80 °C) temperature?
Just a speculation but really worth trying (and cleaning inside of your tank-operated machine with alcohol), IMHO.
I think you could rig up a La Pavoni home lever for this if you really wanted to try. Open it up, fill it with your alcohol, DON'T plug in...
Cap up the machine, hookup an air pump to the steam wand and pressurize the boiler with air.

Now you're ready for one funky pull! Not sure you'd get a syrup extraction, but it might work... :?:
You'll probably want to check the seals for proper lubrication after the fact and flush it well.
LMWDP #445

Marcelnl (original poster)

#12: Post by Marcelnl (original poster) »

THAT sounds like an experiment :D not that I have a LP sitting around but something like a syringe filled with grounds and alcohol is something doable...think that steeping grounds in alcohol over a longer period of time also would work...aaargh, if work would not limit the time available for much more valuable stuff like this :lol:
LMWDP #483

yakster
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by yakster »

It's easy to do with a MyPressi Twist, maybe the PortaSpresso ROK, Caravel and other easy to clean manuals as well. I once sacrificed a DeLonghi at a party to great effect. Pictures are in the Craziest thread.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

kolu

#14: Post by kolu »

Aeropress...

Marcelnl (original poster)

#15: Post by Marcelnl (original poster) »

Think that my handpresso will have to do, slightly warm alcohol, fresh grounds...we'll see how it works....
LMWDP #483

matbat

#16: Post by matbat »

There's always 44 Orange Liqueur: 1 orange, 44 coffee beans pressed into slits in the orange, some amount of sugar (5-12 tbsps depending on your sweet tooth), all submerged in a vodka-filled jar. Leave for 44 days (or less), remove orange, enjoy.