Hottop B-2K+ USB Interface

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
swisher103

#1: Post by swisher103 »

I have run through the Artisan 0.9.8 setup through the Hottop website including installation of an FDMI driver, but am still struggling to get my Windows 8.1 machine to "talk" with the Hottop. Anyone else experienced this issue? I am able to log the roast on Artisan, so I know the machines are connected, but cannot take complete control through my computer. I am selecting the "Control" button inside Artisan, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Thanks for any insight.

Scott

ajf

#2: Post by ajf »

Sounds like you are not a "super user". Control of the roaster via the computer is only available in Artisan if you are a super user.

To become a super user, all you need to do is to right click the timer LCD in the top right corner of the Artisan screen, and you will then be able to control the roaster, and leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Alan

Advertisement
Randy G.

#3: Post by Randy G. »

For general purposes, here are the full connection start-up directions for using Artisan with the Hottop KN-8828B-2K+:

1 - Follow the instructions HERE to complete the basic Artisan setup.
2 - Plug in roaster
3 - Start Artisan on your computer
4 - Connect USB cable to roaster to computer
5 - Click the "ON" button on the Artisan main screen. At this point the Artisan interface should display the way you chose to set it up (temperatures displaying correctly, slider controls, etc.)
Artisan is ready to log the roast

For Artisan Control of Hottop:
6 - RIGHT click the time display in the upper right hand corner of Artisan. When you do this, above the upper LEFT hand corner of the Artisan graph area you will see the text "SUPER ON" or "SUPER OFF" (it toggles with each click then disappears). "Super On" is for Artisan control of the Hottop.
7 - Click the "CONTROL" button in the Artisan interface. The Hottop roaster should now start operating (drum turning and heat and fan working according to the Artisan settings). Additionally, all display characters should be blue on the Hottop and the USB icon should be illuminated.

NOTE: If you have made any changes to settings in Artisan and still have problems, close Artisan and restart it to be sure settings are in effect.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

swisher103 (original poster)

#4: Post by swisher103 (original poster) »

Thanks to you both!