Top product launches at HOST Milan 2015 - Page 10

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
TomC
Team HB

#91: Post by TomC »

Terranova wrote:Nice, it is really funny when you think about it.
There is so much ignorance by manufacturer, roasters and many people involved.
The roaster would say that only his roast / bean quality is important.
Machine manufacturer, in this case Antonio Nurri would say that tamping and grinder is useless as long as the machine is good (the flow rate of the Vesuvius video wasn't ok) ... and so on.
If Antonio would have a hammer, he would hit that plastic tamper with it :D

Then someone would follow on his heels and invent a special hammer for the tamper.

Coffee is the new golf.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

tohenk2

#92: Post by tohenk2 »

Terranova wrote:Nice, it is really funny when you think about it.
There is so much ignorance by manufacturer, roasters and many people involved.
The roaster would say that only his roast / bean quality is important.
Machine manufacturer, in this case Antonio Nurri would say that tamping and grinder is useless as long as the machine is good (the flow rate of the Vesuvius video wasn't ok) ... and so on.
If Antonio would have a hammer, he would hit that plastic tamper with it :D
uhuh - and as long as the coffee in the cup is consistently great (Markus enjoyed it) then up to a certain point he would be right :)

Remembers me a bit of my dad who could get so mad if someone ( :mrgreen: me) used a screwdriver as a chisel. Or vice versa etc. He'd do it himself if need be and then be mad at himself ...

(Is there a video where Markus goes "Yuk - undrinkable"? I'd love that! Shouldn't be to hard to find or make - I've been to Germany for the Christmas markets this year with the family and encountered only shops [randomly selected when we got tired] with bad adjusted full-automats. Or bad coffee. Or both. Like ... the Nespresso of the Hotel was better!)