Hario v60 01 vs 02 - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#11: Post by baldheadracing »

Interesting thread - I brewed my first-ever V60 cup this morning. It was awesome. Plastic V60, inexpensive kettle - looks like a 20 oz. milk pitcher but with a gooseneck - http://www.joefrex.com/coffee-drip-kettle/ No doubt not as good as the ones that everybody uses, but small and inconspicuous enough to leave on my desk at work.

(Of course, I was then immediately seized by upgradeitis ... there will be a few parcels coming from Japan :oops:.)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Locopavoni (original poster)

#12: Post by Locopavoni (original poster) »

baldheadracing wrote:Interesting thread - I brewed my first-ever V60 cup this morning. It was awesome. Plastic V60, inexpensive kettle - looks like a 20 oz. milk pitcher but with a gooseneck - http://www.joefrex.com/coffee-drip-kettle/ No doubt not as good as the ones that everybody uses, but small and inconspicuous enough to leave on my desk at work.

(Of course, I was then immediately seized by upgradeitis ... there will be a few parcels will be coming from Japan :oops:.)
Great idea, might give that a go, the kitchen is in another building so not keen on leaving a quality pourer there. Just not worth the hassle if it gets damaged ...can't stand those bulk office emails people send out. Another thought is using a gooseneck teapot.
LMWDP #537

yakster
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by yakster »

My Tiamo 700 ml pouring pitcher fits perfectly under a Sunbeam Hot Shot I found at a thrift store. An old photo, I recently found a glass V60-02 while thrifting and I only have my Mypressi Twist at work now, not the La Peppina.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

carl0178

#14: Post by carl0178 »

I use a 01 several times per day, it is perfect for a cup size brew.

I've bought the 02 filters and used them oversized in a few instances when the I couldn't find the 01 filters.

I would think you'd be able to get several cups out of the 02 filter.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#15: Post by baldheadracing »

yakster wrote:My Tiamo 700 ml pouring pitcher fits perfectly under a Sunbeam Hot Shot I found at a thrift store. An old photo, I recently found a glass V60-02 while thrifting and I only have my Mypressi Twist at work now, not the La Peppina.
That's a nice office setup. I had a Rossa at my desk but then they banned kettles (except in the kitchen). Now they are allowing coffee machines, so I am going to bring in my Silvia once I finish quieting it down :D.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada