Help! Trouble installing E61 thermocouple adapter

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
roxtc

#1: Post by roxtc »

Hi I'm counting on the E61 vets here to help me out. I recently purchased a used Quick Mill Andreja Premium that came with Eric's grouphead thermometer, but it was removed during shipping. When I tightened it, the piece that screws in came apart so now I can't fasten the thermometer or the original bolt. :shock:

How bad is this? If I disassemble will there be a way to unscrew the loose piece from the inside?

Thanks in advance!

sweaner

#2: Post by sweaner »

I am sure that Eric will soon be here to help.
Scott
LMWDP #248

kize

#3: Post by kize »

If you have broken the threaded section off the thermometer in the group - an easy out ( the right hole size ) should get said remains out. Use caution as not to damage threads in brass group head. Or you will have a mess.

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

kize wrote:Use caution as not to damage threads in brass group head. Or you will have a mess.
I'll defer to Eric, but for readers who find this thread, there's hope if you strip the threading on an E61 grouphead: Helicoil thread inserts are available at your local auto parts store and include everything you need (drill bit, tap, thread coil insert). Don't ask me how I know. :oops:
Dan Kehn

NightFlight

#5: Post by NightFlight »

Helicoils work great to repair stripped spark plug holes in aluminum cylinder heads too, don't ask me how I know either! :roll:

erics
Supporter ★

#6: Post by erics »

The threading of the adaptor that is remaining in the grouphead should come out easily using an "easy out" or even a tapered piece of hardwood. Call me at 301-587-5033 tonight if you have any questions.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com