Cafe vs. home espresso: Do I stand a chance? - Page 4

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
RyanJE

#31: Post by RyanJE »

yakster wrote:Maybe this will help duplicate the environment. It does help me focus and avoid distractions by providing the café background noise.

https://coffitivity.com
Perfect! Now I am purchasing my EK43 and GS3 to go with the free sounds... I figure they offset each other. :D
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

mathof

#32: Post by mathof »

I have a highly-rated café near me that roasts its own beans, which I buy. This gives me the chance to sample the same espresso made professionally and at home. When I get it right, the flavours are the same but the taste of mine is softer, as I use a lever machine and they use a pump-driven La Marzocco. I prefer mine.

Matt

Mrboots2u

#33: Post by Mrboots2u »

Apogee wrote:Or just use volvic. And don't change it*
Why ? ... is this part of advice you were given and from where . Be interested to know why .
A lot of the people you admire ( perger - rob does coffee ) all Make some form of water nowadays ...

Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#34: Post by Bak Ta Lo replying to Mrboots2u »

Agree on the Volvic reccomendation, I have used it in my Strega for many years, also my favorite drinking water.
LMWDP #371

Apogee

#35: Post by Apogee »

Jim Schulman outrageously long water FAQ and other scientific articles have tested the perfect balanced water for espresso. And found volvic matches almost exact. For home use; I recommend the ease and consistency of water because it makes such a massive difference. Good luck sirs

http://users.rcn.com/erics/Water%20Qual ... %20FAQ.pdf

Mrboots2u

#36: Post by Mrboots2u replying to Apogee »

"Use Volvic or Crystal Geyser Natural Alpine water in your home espresso machine. They have
formulations that won't scale, but which still taste OK for coffee. On the other hand, if you want
to take some pains and save some money, read on.:

You can go beyond "ok"with water.....

Apogee

#37: Post by Apogee »

I make fantastic coffee with volvic and buy it cheap from Walmart with no shipping if I get 2+ cases and get 90% to the promised land. You all can take it further and tell me an easy way to do better!