Dual boiler espresso machine, budget around $2000 - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
newrevolution123

#11: Post by newrevolution123 »

muziq wrote: If you haven't also sourced a grinder, you might consider a BDB then pour all the rest of your available funds into a top-flight grinder. But I'm sure you've heard that plenty. Enjoy!
New homebaristas typically obsess about upgrading their espresso machine to the point of occulting the grinder. I have been there and done that (mistake). Anyway, for the budget, it would make sense to buy a Double boiler Breville and allocate the rest of the budget towards buying the best grinder possible!
"Success is something you attract by the person you become.” -- Jim Rohn

cmin

#12: Post by cmin »

Agree since you haven't mentioned what grinder you currently have, way better off getting a Breville DB and spend the extra towards a good grinder. What grinder are you currently using though?

penguin (original poster)

#13: Post by penguin (original poster) »

I'm currently using a Rocky with new burrs, but I'm planning on upgrading that as well soon!

rittem1

#14: Post by rittem1 replying to penguin »

If it were my 2K I wouldn't think twice. BES920XL and the Baratza Forte AP that happens to be for sale in the Buy/Sell page here. That would be a great pair.
LMWDP #517

newrevolution123

#15: Post by newrevolution123 »

Or the new BES980XL at $1,999.99 with integrated grinder.
"Success is something you attract by the person you become.” -- Jim Rohn

NightFlight

#16: Post by NightFlight »

I would suggest a BDB920 and a Ceado E37s. Do the 20% BB&B in store coupon for the BDB and WLL with a deal or 1st line with a deal and you will be very happy. :D

jwCrema
Supporter ❤

#17: Post by jwCrema »

Black Friday is less than 40 days away and we've seen some amazing deals pop up. I'd keep your short list handy and pull the trigger then.