TiN burrs pulled from HG-One site - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Bob_McBob

#11: Post by Bob_McBob »

The OP is a statement of fact. Saying they are "discontinued" would have been speculation, and as it turns out incorrect.
Chris

weebit_nutty

#12: Post by weebit_nutty replying to Bob_McBob »

No, they have discontinued selling HG ones fitted with TiN burrs. "Pulled" suggests they existed in stock and have been pulled them from their inventory for some reason. The truth is all of them have been sold and what they "pulled" were the webpages pertaining to an offering they no longer intend to sell.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

Bob_McBob

#13: Post by Bob_McBob »

That's a semantic interpretation. The item listing was pulled from their site. The OP stated this, didn't make any insinuations one way or another, and was merely asking for information. On that note, I still don't see any confirmation the TiN version was discontinued, just that there is a supply issue.
Chris

weebit_nutty

#14: Post by weebit_nutty replying to Bob_McBob »

Okay semantics. Excellent observation (rolls eyes).

Anyway whatever. Discontinued perhaps not but pulled how about "listing pulled" then. The title as it is reads like the stock itself was pulled.

Seed65

#15: Post by Seed65 »

You guys crack me up ;)

Back in Sept when HG had their free shipping sale, I was debating to myself whether or not I should take the plunge. By the time I made my decision to do so and get the TiN burr version, they sold out. An email to Craig was met with his response that they were sold out and most likely would discontinue selling them due to supplier issues.

I just wanted to provide another data point. :)

OldNuc

#16: Post by OldNuc »

If the supplier of an item can not or will not timely deliver to the seller that makes unhappy customers. At this point the seller has a decision to make, continue with spotty and/or unreliable supply or discontinue offering what has become not routinely available to the market the seller is attempting to serve. The obvious choice is to just drop it from the line.

AllNight (original poster)

#17: Post by AllNight (original poster) »

weebit_nutty wrote:What's with spreading more BS rumors for HG-One. :x

Sigh. How about changing the title to "HG-One TiN burrs discontinued" . Saying it's pulled suggests there is something wrong with the burrs . Is there any concrete evidence of that? Rumors are just that. Stop spreading them. Also, I don't recally anyone posting about problems with the TiN burrs flaking or anything of that nature.

I own an HG1 w/TiN burrs and I do not appreciate these kinds of posts. I love my grinder, it performs beautifully, I've had it for over 2 years, zero issues. As fine a product as one can make. (oh and do not interpret my recent mods as complaints, they are simply enhancements that make the great grinder even better).
Excuse me?!? :shock: "Pulled" means just that... pulled. That doesn't imply anything, it's just a fact. Reading any more into it than that is something that's happening inside your own head.

I noticed that the burrs had been pulled and I wanted to ask if anyone knows why.

I e-mailed HG-One and got this response:

"We're most likely going to stop selling the aftermarket TiN coated burrs. While they perform well, the manufacturer has difficulties delivering in the quantities we require. And at the end of the day with all of our testing, after breaking in, the primary difference between the two models which is the ease of use or resistance while grinding, is virtually identical."

So there you have it. I guess that's sad or bad news if you prefer the TiN coated burrs. :|

weebit_nutty

#18: Post by weebit_nutty »

AllNight wrote:Excuse me?!? :shock: "Pulled" means just that... pulled. That doesn't imply anything, it's just a fact.
Let's not beat a dead horse. And just to be clear, I'm speaking metaphorically. :lol:

(You're excused :wink:)

TomC
Team HB

#19: Post by TomC »

This is devolving into pointless last word-itis. Time for a break.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/