La Marzocco Linea Mini Update

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
keno

#1: Post by keno »

Just a quick update for Linea Mini owners and those considering a purchase.

First, I heard from LM that the plumb in kit is expected to arrive in the U.S. next week, meaning that it has shipped from Italy. Leave a little time for them to get it out to dealers but it definitely will be available later this month. I didn't hear anything about the price but this post gave an expected price of $125.

Second, the current batch of machines are out of stock at LM and supplies are very limited at dealers, but not to worry the new shipment is due to arrive in early November and should be ready to ship in mid November. So new machines will be available before the holidays.

Finally, still no availability on the LED light covers. They are still working on this and hopefully will have a solution for users who would like to dim the lights.

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

I've used dark tinting transparent paint on badges and turn signals of cars, I'm sure if the LED insert can be popped out easily, they can be carefully tinted quite a bit to tame down the intensity. Heck it would look like a factory job.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

keno (original poster)

#3: Post by keno (original poster) »

Good suggestion Tom, I'll have to keep that in mind as an option if LM doesn't ever come out with the covers. As I'd prefer the covers over taking stuff apart and using paint.

LATrapp

#4: Post by LATrapp »

Keno- any word on whether there will be any other updates/tweaks in the November shipment?

DanoM

#5: Post by DanoM »

keno wrote:Finally, still no availability on the LED light covers. They are still working on this and hopefully will have a solution for users who would like to dim the lights.
I've modified computers and other entertainment area equipment LED's with in line resistors. Snip the connection, drop in a variable resistor/potentiometer and dial it to the brightness you like. Then measure the resistance on your variable and solder in a similar spec resistor, cover it all with heat shrink tubing.

Whether La Marzocco thinks that's a problem mod I don't know, but it shouldn't be an issue as long as you do it cleanly.
LMWDP #445

keno (original poster)

#6: Post by keno (original poster) »

LATrapp wrote:Keno- any word on whether there will be any other updates/tweaks in the November shipment?
According to LM, there are no changes to the Linea Mini. It's the same machine as the those from the prior shipment. So no reason to hold off if you are in the market for one.

JonF

#7: Post by JonF »

Just noticed this pdf that refers a little to the plumbing kit:
http://home.lamarzoccousa.com/wp-conten ... eamini.pdf

Actually for my use I am a little concerned with the pressure and flow-rate requirements. I have well water, so pressure fluctuates. Also, I will not be close to 2 GPM with my water treatment system.

On the other hand, my water system has worked fine for my Vivaldi. I wonder if the requirements are actual or recommended. Guess I won't know until I try it. (Could always fall back on the reservoir I suppose)