Profitec Pro 300 User Experience - Page 12

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mrticklish

#111: Post by mrticklish »

I have seen a few posts on adjusting the pressurestat so that the steam boiler heater comes on at about 1.1 bar and shuts off between 1.3-1.4 bar. I opened up my machine as I wanted to do this adjustment. Is this the pressure stat screw? (as indicated in the picture). I turned it about 1/8 from where it is in the picture. Just wanted to verify if this is the correct way to do it.

Thanks!

Fausto (original poster)

#112: Post by Fausto (original poster) »

No that's not it, I forget what that is, I'm sure someone else can chime in with that - some sort of safety device I think. This is the pressure stat screw:

mrticklish

#113: Post by mrticklish »

Thanks Fausto that is really helpful! How much do I need to turn the screw (clockwise?) to get the desired result?

Fausto (original poster)

#114: Post by Fausto (original poster) »

I can't honestly remember - I haven't adjusted mine in a long time. I'm not even sure which direction you need to turn it. I do remember that it doesn't take much, probably a quarter turn at the most. Should be easy to figure out via trial and error.

redbone

#115: Post by redbone »

See this link regarding the Profitec Pro 300 pressurestat adjustment https://wiki.wholelattelove.com/Profitec_Pro_300
Info with pictures about1/3rd from top of page.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

mrticklish

#116: Post by mrticklish replying to redbone »

Thanks redbone! I had not seen that link before - very helpful!

chimopaul

#117: Post by chimopaul »

I picked up this machine on Monday. Aside from an initial non-reading manometer (which Morala's quickly fixed), this machine is outstanding. I have the 2015 model with 1200W elements. I plugged it into a "kill-a-watt" meter which indicated that it draws 2300+ watts when both boilers are switched on. It continues to draw that until the brew boiler gets cycled on and off by the PID relay. It's interesting to watch the PID cycle the new element to "coast" up to temperature. The machine was off for about 5 hours before running this test and it only took around 30 seconds to start cycling the brew element.

So, if you live in a 120V region, have the dual 1200W version (rather than the dual 800W), and have poor wiring (or fuses instead of circuit breakers), you may want to wait until the brew boiler heats up before switching on the steam boiler so the dual boiler on state is minimized.

Did anyone else get a length of clear tubing (~9.5" or 25cm) with their machines? I can't find any reference to its purpose in the manual.

In case anyone is wondering, the Rocky started life as a dosing model that I converted by making a chute and a portafilter holder for. I got it used for $50 so I think it was a pretty good deal.

mania

#118: Post by mania »

chimopaul wrote: Did anyone else get a length of clear tubing (~9.5" or 25cm) with their machines? I can't find any reference to its purpose in the manual.

Hi Paul & congrats on a great machine :wink:

Yes I also had that tubing but asked Clive's & they said it had no use.
Odd :D Perhaps just a spare length of what is used inside?

Great Machine & hope you enjoy yours

macchiato

#119: Post by macchiato »

chimopaul wrote:I picked up this machine on Monday. Aside from an initial non-reading manometer (which Morala's quickly fixed), this machine is outstanding. I have the 2015 model with 1200W elements. I plugged it into a "kill-a-watt" meter which indicated that it draws 2300+ watts when both boilers are switched on. It continues to draw that until the brew boiler gets cycled on and off by the PID relay. It's interesting to watch the PID cycle the new element to "coast" up to temperature. The machine was off for about 5 hours before running this test and it only took around 30 seconds to start cycling the brew element.

So, if you live in a 120V region, have the dual 1200W version (rather than the dual 800W), and have poor wiring (or fuses instead of circuit breakers), you may want to wait until the brew boiler heats up before switching on the steam boiler so the dual boiler on state is minimized.

Did anyone else get a length of clear tubing (~9.5" or 25cm) with their machines? I can't find any reference to its purpose in the manual.

In case anyone is wondering, the Rocky started life as a dosing model that I converted by making a chute and a portafilter holder for. I got it used for $50 so I think it was a pretty good deal.

<image>
Hi, I am about to buy the same machine and my dilemma is whether to get the 20 Amp or 15 Amp version. I live in the US but have 20 Amp outlets in my house. The only retailer (.. I could find) that still sells the 20 Amp version is Morala in Canada. If I get it from them, I only get 1 year warranty and any repair would require costly shipping to Canada. On the other hand the US retailers offer another year of warranty (total of 2 years).. but they only have the 15 Amp version.
Would you mind sharing the total time your machine needs to heat up and be ready for an espresso shot and steaming (from a cold start)?
Also, can anyone having the 15 Amp version share the same?
I lean towards getting the 20 Amp version, but if the difference is subtle I might go for the extra warranty..

Thanks!

mania

#120: Post by mania replying to macchiato »

Hi

IMHO I would not worry too much about it
I also have 20amp outlets but have the 15amp machine

No problems at all & heat up is probably 15-20 minutes in the morning if that
I flick it on & check my email...its ready

Unless your really pressed for time down to a minute or two I doubt it will matter
in the long run.

Great machine by the way & makes espresso as fine as machines costing 10x as much
in my opinion.... :wink: