Wormhole - Best shop in Chicago

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
UltramaticOrange

#1: Post by UltramaticOrange »

dnainfo wrote:CHICAGO - Wicker Park's Wormhole has the best coffee in Chicago, according to the results of a recent vote.

Wormhole, 1462 N. Milwaukee Ave., uses locally roasted coffee from Half Wit and is known for its "pour overs." It also features specialty lattes and espressos.

Coffee fans voted for the best brew in 13 cities on the KRUPS Facebook page, and Wormhole garnered the most votes among Chicago cafes. Voting ran throughout September.
http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151001 ... ee-chicago

Some may argue that this vote is the result of Wormhole's quirky callback to 80s and 90s pop culture, but the last few times I've been in, they've been doing a truly excellent job. Ever since they've gotten the cyclone separator for their roaster (shared with Gaslight) their coffee has been outstanding. I honestly hate to say it, but they've been doing better job than Ipsento lately and let's face it, Ipsento's Panama Natural is damn hard to beat.
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?

brianl

#2: Post by brianl »

Haven't been there in a couple years being put off by their sub par servings then and huge crowds. Sounds like it's worth an updated stop. This is mostly for espresso though.

I spend 90% of my time at gaslight when I'm out west.