Elektra Semiautomatica leaking profusely :(

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
7tenths

#1: Post by 7tenths »

Hello, I'm a long-time lurker/reader of HB.

Had a look at the forums and topics and can't find something similar, so here is my problem.

I have an Elektra Microcasa Semiautomatica which when switched on and up to pressure (mid-point in the green on the manometer) leaks water from under the base. I suppose that I need to view the underside of the machine with the baseplate cover off and see if I can ascertain where the leak is coming from....unless someone has prior experience. It is a fair bit of water too, I would say between 300 - 700ml :(

Any help/advice very gratefully received. Btw, it's about 16 years old. It has a new solenoid in the base of the machine, fitted about 3 years ago along with a new element and seals. It only seems to leak once the pump is engaged.

petr0x

#2: Post by petr0x »

Hi,
I have no experience with this machine, but from technical point of view there is no big difference to others. On other machine I have had a leak at the teflon hose between the pump and the boiler fittings. But the leak could be also from the fittings. Surely this leak is behind the pump, since it leaks only when it is pressurized. Simple, just take it apart and look for the leak. Also be careful not to touch any live parts or let the water spill on the wires.

another_jim
Team HB

#3: Post by another_jim »

You'll need to take the baseplate off, set the machine up on a scaffold so you can look at it from underneath, and turn it on. Then you'll see where the leak is coming from. If it's a loose fitting, you'll be able to fix it. If the boiler or HX are cracked; you'll need to check with Stefano to see if the machine is repairable. Hope it turns out to be a minor problem.
Jim Schulman

7tenths (original poster)

#4: Post by 7tenths (original poster) »

Thanks both for the very prompt replies.

I was planning to look today, but that didn't happen...unforeseen circumstances. I do, however have the base-plate off ready, so tomorrow I shall get the extension lead out and set it up on my workmate and crawl underneath to look up inside :shock:

I do hope it's a simple fix too :?