New drinker seeks coffee with chocolate, nuts and not fruity

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
schwem

#1: Post by schwem »

I've been searching different places on the internet to get advice on coffee. a little quick background, once as a teen I tasted my moms cup of plain folgers that she drinks black. So gross that I've never tried coffee again. That was 20+ years ago. I don't like that bitter taste. I like more sweet. I do at times get a white choc mocha at starbucks or french van. capp at tim hortons (when I lived up north which is much sweeter than the mocha). I found that I do like the less sweet, more bitter white choc. mocha over the time hortons capp. that is really sweat. I would like to get to drinking coffee at home and not getting complicated. Just coffee. I don't have the means to invest a ton of money to go buy a grinder and expensive coffee maker. I have a keurig at this time. It gets used when family visit. I need the morning caffeine and drink soda to get that now.

I hate the bitter taste of most coffee and I realize that there will be some in all coffee but have read some tips about brewing temp/time, water quality, machine, fresh grinding and time since roasted. I just don't know where to start and look for some coffee. I would rather be able to get some in store as opposed to online so I can get a small quantity. I haven't looked here in florida but I remember up north in Wegman's grocery stores they had grinders in the coffee isle. I loved smelling that row. I always walked down that row just to get a whiff.

I love chocolate, nuts, not so much fruity type coffee.
I would love some advice on coffee to try. I imagine I will add sugar and cream but that could change if I get something that has great flavor and not just a cup of bitter flavored dark water.

I wouldn't be super opposed to getting a grinder and grinding my own but I don't want to overwhelm my self at first so finding a store that has a in store grinder would be awesome.

I live in SW florida on the coast so anyone with knowledge of that area and stores would also be helpful.
Thanks so much

Bodka Coffee

#2: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Try to find some fresh roasted Brazil for nutty and Guatemala for chocolate flavors.

Seed65

#3: Post by Seed65 »

You should read through the thread that I started... :)

Coffees with good chocolate/caramel flavor

DanoM

#4: Post by DanoM »

Bodka Coffee wrote:Try to find some fresh roasted Brazil for nutty and Guatemala for chocolate flavors.
Yes, a nice Americas coffee typically bring out those flavors you are looking for. BTW, Bodka has some coffees that will do that for you, and he has a sale going on today only.

I'll advertise for him! You'll enjoy most anything you order from David. :wink:
LMWDP #445