Londinium owners in Toronto. - Page 6

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#51: Post by FotonDrv »

baldheadracing wrote:289? Yes, 289 with holley4 barrel, aluminum intake manifold. I did a similar conversion with a bugeye Sprite before the Tr4.

215 Buick, maybe?

Carter AFB?

A long time ago, I would have known these things... I have been building/modifying things since I was a young teenager. Made a motor scooter with a 5hp engine and gokart wheels and got it licensed!

and I haven't measured my Strega - if the switch had the same issue on the Strega, I am sure that we would have heard about it by now.

... and, FWIW, to get back on topic, I think that all of these machines are good. The Strega costs less because it takes advantage of Bezzera's extensive parts bin and in-house manufacturing economies of scale. For example, it uses Bezzera's E61 chassis, the same pump, same HX, same steam/hot water assemblies, etc.

The biggest difference is that the Strega uses a unique group based on the 'traditional' CMA/Astoria group, while almost everyone else uses the new top with the enclosed bearings - some with one spring, some with two. The new top:
- adds weight, giving more thermal stability; and
- looks cool. It makes the Strega group look small.
For thermal stability, the Strega uses active heating. A PID controller can be easily added and might achieve class - leading thermal stability (of the group).
For looking cool... well, we could put a group buy together on a machined Aluminium cap...
Modifying stuff is fun and now a Bosco with the Posillipo hand hammering might not be possible, so trying to mod anything has it limitations, which usually boil down to money, skill and time. Londinium uses a lot of parts off the shelf from Fracino.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Pino

#52: Post by Pino »

Nick, any success in the lever machine search?

Nonineto (original poster)

#53: Post by Nonineto (original poster) »

Pino- i finally found one, brand new from Montreal. He never used it. Now I need to get the correct plug. I need to research So I can start using it.
Search continues. .
Really happy with the londinium though!

Pino

#54: Post by Pino »

" ...brand new from Montreal. He never used it. ..."

great.

So Londinium L1?

Did you connect through HB?

#55: Post by Nonineto (original poster) »

Never used. White film still on machine. Packed just the way he received it. Yeah i guess i got lucky. Yes the londinium l1. All I need is a simple plug and I'm ready for some impressive ristretto shots I've been craving for!!
We connected thru an ad I posted on Kijiji toronto- looking to buy a londinium. It was a long shot and never thought I would get a reply.

My next project I'm working on is to apply some copper hammered panels to complement. I'll post some pics when this is done.

canuckcoffeeguy

#56: Post by canuckcoffeeguy replying to Nonineto »

Nice find. I saw your ad on Toronto kijiji and thought it was a long shot, too

Is it just a new plug that you need? Or, is the voltage different, requiring some conversion?

#57: Post by Nonineto (original poster) »

I actually have to replace the entire cord with a longer one to reach my outlet. And a simple 3 prong plug- done!
I also want a timer- this way at 5am, my lindonium will be warm and ready to produce a couple ristretto shots!

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#58: Post by FotonDrv »

Nonineto wrote:Never used. White film still on machine. Packed just the way he received it. Yeah i guess i got lucky. Yes the londinium l1. All I need is a simple plug and I'm ready for some impressive ristretto shots I've been craving for!!
We connected thru an ad I posted on Kijiji toronto- looking to buy a londinium. It was a long shot and never thought I would get a reply.

My next project I'm working on is to apply some copper hammered panels to complement. I'll post some pics when this is done.
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your hammered copper panels 8)
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

#59: Post by Nonineto (original poster) »

FotonDrv- sent you a pm.