Buying a roaster in Canada

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
joalepins

#1: Post by joalepins »

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a good roaster in the 5K area.

Since I live in Canada and our money is worth close to nothing right now, I would like to buy ''in'' Canada to avoid exchange rates and custom fees.

I can't find someone selling that type of equipment in my region, everything is across the boarder.

Mill city roaster looks really great but with all the costs to import it, it becomes over budget.

Thank you

ciel-007

#2: Post by ciel-007 »

Where are you located?
Check your PM.

Advertisement
Séb

#3: Post by Séb »

Even if you buy in Canada, the equipment come from oversea and thoses fees will just be included in the price. I import my roaster directly from the manufacturer Coffee-Tech Engineering in Israel and it went very well. I know few guy in Montreal who sell some commercial roasters. Send me an email if you want, i am in Trois-Rivieres. I can put you in touch with few guys.
info@lecafecrema.com

Séb

ciel-007

#4: Post by ciel-007 »

Jonathan, you might consider importing a BellaTaiwan roaster, or perhaps an identical twin (such as the Yang Chia or the Feima) from Asia.

I was very fortunate in finding a used Bella Taiwan XJ-101 sometime ago. It is by far the easiest roaster I have ever used; in fact roasting with a BellaTaiwan is blissful. The precision and build quality of the BT is such that it will outlast the lifespan of its homeroasting master. Most importantly the quality of the roasts that the BT produces is consistently outstanding.

I contacted Jet Huang, Sales manager at BellaTW in Taiwan for pricing. The successor to my XJ-101 is called the XJ-101S and it currently sells for 5,500 $US.

Fern