ROK Coffee Grinder - Owner Impressions - Page 14

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
pav2k

#131: Post by pav2k »

MarekK wrote:Damn, I was so sold on the ROK too. Thanks for the feedback.

I will look into the Lido3 more. Not a fan of that top horizontal grinding motion. Any idea of where is the best place to purchase one of these babies?
http://www.oehandgrinders.com/OE-Manual ... s_c_1.html

MarekK

#132: Post by MarekK »

Thank you for the feedback. I am liking the Lido 3 option. You have swayed my decision :D

lpranal

#133: Post by lpranal »

I'm really interested in doing this mod- can anyone tell me the best place to get the burrs from? I'm pretty handy and have drills / bits, sandpaper etc... just need to know where I can get the actual burrs from at the best price. Thanks!

dmw010

#134: Post by dmw010 replying to lpranal »

Look at https://www.baratza.com/cgi-bin/commerc ... egory=PEPC. I don't know if you can get the burrs anywhere except directly from Baratza. You need the cone burr and the ring burr with holder (you remove the burr from the holder). $49 plus shipping.

lpranal

#135: Post by lpranal replying to dmw010 »

I was starting to suspect that - for that price, I may as well just sell my rok and get a refurb preciso... which I'm seriously considering. Not that I'm UNhappy with my rok, but... better burrs are better burrs.

deegee

#136: Post by deegee »

Having had a Preciso and a ROK I would suggest that you should not do that. I find it quite ironic in that the Preciso has quite good burrs, but they are mounted in and driven by plastic components which I found needed frequent adjustment and/or replacement.

Whereas the ROK is a better design, an all metal frame, and is let down mainly by cheap and nasty burrs. When I junked my Preciso because it was too high-maintenance, I kept some parts which was lucky because the ROK is a great little grinder when it is fitted with good burrs.

If you really want to buy a Baratza, save some money and get a Virtuoso. It has the same burrs and should be a bit less trouble than the Preciso because it doesn't have the flimsy and almost useless micro/macro adjustment system.