Bezzera Strega shot with Lunar Scale [video]

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Bak Ta Lo »

Quick video of my second ever shot using the Lunar scale, pulled on my Strega. 20 grams of Dumerso SOE, 40 gram shot, 33 seconds total time including preinfusion (lever down, full pump pressure). Amazing body and mouth feel even at this 1:2 ratio. The Lunar is great, saves me several steps per shot and fits the drip tray perfectly.
(Dan,
Shot the video on my phone in the YouTube app and then posted it here via H-B mobile version. Works flawlessly!)
LMWDP #371

Nonineto

#2: Post by Nonineto »

Wow! I would have pulled the cup at 19 seconds. I hate blonding. That crema looks incredible. I'm currently looking at either the londinium or the strega. Strega at $2500 and londinium l1-p at $6000-both in canadian funds. The more research i do the more I'm leaning towards the strega.
The only thing that I don't like on the stregga is the plastic chrome part on top of the group- i may have to get one custom made in stainless or brass/copper by bro in law who's a machinist. Nice video.

Advertisement
DanoM

#3: Post by DanoM »

Nice video!

That top cap doesn't look bad anymore on mine, 'cause I don't even notice it unless I'm wiping down the machine. A custom cap wouldn't look bad though.
LMWDP #445

Bak Ta Lo (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by Bak Ta Lo (original poster) »

Agreed, the top cap has really held up well, even though I admit I was disappointed when I first got the machine and realized it was a plastic cap. Otherwise, you really cannot go wrong with the Strega, been pulling 50-60 shots a month on it for a few years, never had a single issue with it. If someone wants to develop a custom replacement cap, just take my money!

The Dumerso for my taste needs that longer ratio, especially at this light roast level, the shot even at 1:2 was thick, bright and intense, like fresh berries in chocolate. Maybe the lighting makes it seem to blonde early, and I was too busy working the camera to watch the shot carefully , :lol:

The Lunar works great. For the next shot you just drop down the cup and it auto-tares again, then auto-starts the clock was there is some flow. Very good user interface and seems to have been really developed by a barista, or at least with a barista. Best of all no more dead wet scales (fingers crossed).
LMWDP #371