SPACEshot Ultrasonic Espresso Machine - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
arcus

#11: Post by arcus »

Wow, that's pretty futuristic looking. I wonder if it can communicate with the Cylon Basestar.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#12: Post by cannonfodder »

SAB wrote:As Dippin' Dots were "the ice cream of the future", so SPACEshot ultrasonic espresso looks to be "the coffee of the future"! :D

In the immortal words of Buzz Lightyear, "to infinity, and beyond!"...
Or it could be more like 'falling, with style'.

Unusual looking machine. It will be interesting to see how it develops but I have a sneaky suspension it will be so expensive very few can afford it.
Dave Stephens

SAB

#13: Post by SAB »

Just to be clear, Buzz Lightyear's quote was given very much with (plastic) tongue in cheek. 8)

When my son was small, he loved to get dippin' dots whenever we went to a place that they were available (beach, fair, baseball game, etc). Were (are) they on par with the best ice cream available? Not by a very long shot! Probably, if you've never experienced them, they're not even generally on par with average ice milk from the grocery. But he loved them...

My expectecation, and thus the analogy, was that this would likely be a kitschy experience for the coffee uninitiated, and would fall flat when compared to even average coffee.

But...I have never taste it...and my comments were meant for entertainment purposes only. No educational value of any sort...

weebit_nutty

#14: Post by weebit_nutty »

ugly garage project, IMO. still if it makes great coffee, all more power to them. Hopefully it's not some BS kickstarter scam like 90% of the coffee projects there.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

yakster (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by yakster (original poster) »

Haven't heard anything further about this one, anyone else have any news?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

tonythewonderful

#16: Post by tonythewonderful »

They do not look real. You cannot contact them, instead you have to complete a form with your question. And they want your name, e-mail, mobile and landline, address, working place, position. Not even a single picture of the device on their web-site, or information where it can be tried, or anything at all.

Looks like there is nothing except the description of how awesomely cool the idea is, and how much it could do if it were real.
If they had anything to show, do you think they would hide it?

tonythewonderful

#17: Post by tonythewonderful »

Well, a bit of investigation, and I have contacted one of them :) So, they are real. However, again, not a word about the machine.

They are registered to participate in Fine Food in Melbourne this September, spaces Q30 and S22.

Mon 12 - Thu 15 September 2016
Melbourne Convention &
Exhibition Centre

Mon: 10am-8pm; Tue & Wed: 10am-5pm;
Thu: 10am-4pm

Someone lucky to be there, please let us know :)