Compak F8 vs Mahlkonig K30

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
r.rowlan

#1: Post by r.rowlan »

Ok, I may not know how to search HB. If the following questions have been answered already PLEASE point me in the right direction. I have searched for a couple of weeks and have found precious little on the F8 and nothing in terms of a comparison.

How do these two grinders compare in terms of:
1. Noise level
2. Grounds left in the chute
3. Static electricity, i.e. amount of coffee that does not make it into the portafilter, but the area around the grinder instead?
4. Flavor in the cup
5. Ease of adjustment. This is especially important to me because I SD and roast my own beans. That means I only have two 8oz batches before I go to a different roast which will necessitate tweaking the grind setting.

I know the Vario K30 is built to last. I have not seen enough comments on the F8 to venture a guess, but would love to hear what Compak owners have experienced. I started with a Baratza Vario five years ago. It has been a great grinder and when a belt broke Baratza could not have been better about thoroughness and quick turnaround. If they had a model in the range I'm looking for, they would be hard to pass up. Does anyone have experience with their Mahlkonig or Compak they could share?

I don't think I can justify the PEAK right now, but am still curious about its adjustable chute. Is that a big deal? I don't quite understand it.