Bottomless Portafilter for Conti Prestina - Page 5

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
rdreyer (original poster)

#41: Post by rdreyer (original poster) »

Unfortunately Allen Bros does not have Conti portafilters in stock, and they do not expect to get any before at least 6 to 8 weeks.

drgary
Team HB

#42: Post by drgary »

You could try ordering one from Conti directly. They're in Monaco. Or, maybe Astoria carries the portafilter that they're using with the Prestina group on their new lever machine.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

turboyeast

#43: Post by turboyeast replying to drgary »

Partnumber is 409999.
Contact person: Clemence Mabire.
http://www.conti-spareparts.com/

Cheers, TY

#44: Post by rdreyer (original poster) »

Thanks for the reference to the Conti parts site. I registered (even though I'm not a professional), and tried to order the portafilter, but it won't let me order for less than 45 euros. I put a second portafilter in my Cart, just to see how much shipping would be and then... the order went through, even though I hadn't even entered a mode of payment.

I emailed Conti to ask them to cancel this "order", and see if they could help with a single portafilter, but got an automated message that they were closed until Tuesday (I assume Monday is a Holiday for All-Saints Day).

Renaud

#45: Post by rdreyer (original poster) »

My story has a happy ending. Conti wrote back, and recommended I contact their local distributor, Moschetti.

I had a long discussion with Fabrice Moschetti, and was about to order the standard Conti portafilter, when he mentioned that they carried the (genuine) Conti bottomless. He claimed that it fit without issues on their Conti lever machines, so I decided to give it a shot. I received the portafilter, and it *almost* fit, as I could kind of leave the portafilter in the group... but it would fall off at the smallest contact. After replacing my 9mm group gasket by an 8.5mm one, the Conti bottomless now fits perfectly, at 6 o'clock.

This (genuine) Conti portafilter is definitely not the same as the one I had bought earlier, so caveat emptor.

Thank you everyone for your help and advice!

Renaud